Dear Future Millionaire,
You’re cordially invited to my pet peeve party. Now I know what you’re thinking: “How’d I get so lucky?” It’s because you were caught engaging in one or more of the following super annoying activities:
1) Telling friends, family, and Fred from across the street, about the amazing business you’re starting – only it’s been months and you have yet to launch.
2) Letting friends, family, and f*cking Fred plant seeds of doubt in your mind: “Boy, I dunno, that sounds risky.”
3) Trudging to work in the morning to trade unfulfillment for a puny paycheck, only to head home, throw on the ol’ gravy pants, and numb the pain with four hours of Netflix and a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. (Times five soul-sucking days a week!) But hey, you’ll build that business on the weekend – as long as football doesn’t get in the way.
4) Complaining and explaining to justify a lack of action. “It’s too hard.” “It’s too competitive.” “Takes money to make money, and I have none.” “I can’t decide on a logo.” “My vagina hurts.”
5) Doing anything but the thing that’ll actually produce results. Checking email, surfing social media, watching webinars, comparing and contrasting shopping cart software, worrying about what ifs, reading forums, etc.
Anyways, it’s this Saturday at 9 pm. Donkey theme, so be sure to dress like one. I’ll be serving cheap beer and stale chips. Should be a good time. I hope to see you there.