A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie net worth: Artist Julius Dubose, aka A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, is a rapper with a net worth of $5 million dollars. Here are 10 facts about A Boogie.
1. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie’s date of birth is December 6, 1995. He was born and raised in Highbridge, Bronx in New York City.
2. Growing up, he listened to Kanye West and 50 Cent. At 12, he began rapping. During lunchtime at high school, he’d perform freestyles. Outside of that, he was quiet and kept to himself.
3. But the older he got, the more trouble he got into. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie started selling weed and pills. Eventually his parents found out and shipped him off to Florida as punishment. There, under house arrest, he built a makeshift studio and doubled-down on music. He ended up graduating high school and worked odd jobs, from food delivery to construction, while continuing to improve as an artist.
4. On how he got his stage name: the “A” came from his real first name, Artist. “Boogie” was a character he resembled from the movie Paid in Full. And he wore hoodies all the time. Hence the mouthful, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie. Long-term, though, he thinks he’ll simply go by Artist.
5. He releases music under his own imprint, Highbridge the Label, along with Atlantic Records. Co-signs from Drake and DJ Khaled helped him get his career off the ground.
6. Per Interview Magazine, his music-making process goes like so: “I listen to a beat for 10 seconds, and if I don’t like it, I play the next one. I keep on going until I find the beat. I put it on Pro Tools, then I record melodies. If I feel like I could do better, I pick it up later, and go back to it. I write and I freestyle. It depends on the type of song, really. I used to write for three years. Then I ran into Thugga [Young Thug] in the studio and he taught me the game where it was straight just, ‘Go ahead.’ So I’ve just been freestyling ever since then.”
7. He’s getting more into personal development. As his career progresses, he realizes how important mindset is. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie only wants to be around (and give off) positive energy.
8. He quit smoking weed because it was too hard to focus when he was always high. He still has a sip of alcohol here and there, but nothing crazy. As a result, he’s been more productive and creative.
9. Two things he does every day? Shops and stretches.
10. His longtime girlfriend’s name is Ella Rodriguez. She’s a social media influencer with her own hair and lashes brand, Slay By Ella. They have a daughter together, and a boy on the way.
Related: Roddy Ricch net worth.