Chris Brown net worth: Christopher Maurice Brown, aka Chris Brown, is a singer with a net worth of $47 million dollars. For the full scoop, continue down the page.
1. Chris Brown’s date of birth is May 5, 1989. He grew up in the tiny town of Tappahannock, Virginia. His dad worked as a corrections officer and his mom was a director for a day care. They divorced when Chris was a teen, and his mom’s new boyfriend was physically abusive towards her, which traumatized Chris. Chris has an older sister who works at a bank.
2. As a kid, Chris would listen to whatever records his parents owned, which was mostly soul music. Michael Jackson was his biggest influence. Breezy taught himself how to sing and dance while in grade school and later joined his church choir and began competing in local talent shows. The older he got, the more he gravitated towards hip-hop.
3. One day Chris did an impromptu performance of “My Way” by Usher, and his mom was blown away by his talent. She immediately began shopping record deals. Chris would eventually sign with Jive Records, who represented both Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake in their heyday. In 2005, Chris dropped out of high school and moved to NYC to focus on music.
4. He would go on to become one of the best-selling music artists of all-time, with more than 140 million records sold worldwide. So far, he’s earned a Grammy, 15 BET Awards, four Billboard Awards, and six Soul Train Awards. He’s had a whopping 93 songs grace the Billboard Hot 100.
5. Chris Brown also acts. In 2007, he appeared in his first-ever movie, Stomp the Yard. He’s made a guest appearance on the TV series, The O.C. He’s also played parts in films such as This Christmas (2007), Takers (2010), Think Like a Man (2012), and Battle of the Year (2013).
6. Chris Brown is multi-talented. In addition to singing and acting, he’s known for his silky-smooth dance moves. He began dancing at age two, while still in diapers, taking after The King of Pop, who his family would watch on TV. He’s also a phenomenal athlete. While still in school, he played up two grades in basketball. Some people—even current NBA players—believe he could’ve went pro had he given hoops the same attention he gave music. Brown can paint too. He often creates street art under the alias, Konfused.
7. Chris Brown has his own sub-label under Interscope Records called CBE (Chris Brown Entertainment). He has signed artists like rapper Kevin McCall, singer Sabrina Antoinette, former RichGirl member Sevyn Streeter, singer and songwriter Joelle James, and the rock group known as U.G.L.Y.
8. Other business ventures for Breezy include owning 14 Burger King franchises and a fashion brand called Black Pyramid, which he launched with the creators of the Pink + Dolphin clothing line.
9. Chris Brown dated Rihanna from 2007 to 2009, ending in the infamous felony assault case, where Brown bit and punched Rihanna several times with a closed fist over a dispute that happened while they were on their way to the Grammys. Years later, the two dated again, for several months, before breaking up. Brown has dated model Karrueche Tran on and off. He now has two kids: a girl named Royalty, born in 2015, whom he had with Nia Guzman; and a boy named Aeko, born in late-2019, whom he had with Ammika Harris (Pietzker).
10. In 2013, Chris Brown completed three months at a rehab facility. After, he was under court order to remain a resident there until an upcoming hearing he was set to attend. But he got kicked out for violating one of their internal policies and thus ended up spending roughly four months behind bars. During this stretch, Chris was diagnosed as bipolar and it was decided he suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These conditions may have played a role in his past violent outbursts.
Related: Chris Brown quotes.