NLE Choppa net worth: Bryson Lashun Potts, aka NLE Choppa, is a rapper with a net worth of $4 million dollars. Here’s what you need to know.
1. NLE Choppa’s date of birth is November 1, 2002. His dad is African-American; his mom, Jamaican. He was born and raised in Memphis—Parkway Village neighborhood. He went to Cordova High School and was on the basketball team.
2. At 14, he began freestyling with some of his friends. By 15, he was seriously considering rap as a career. After spending some time in juvie, he was more motivated than ever to make something happen musically.
3. Lil Wayne was his favorite rapper growing up. He admired Weezy’s lyrics, wordplay and unique style. He’s also a big Bob Marley fan.
4. How did NLE Choppa get his name? “Choppa” was a nickname he got as a kid. He used to go by YRN Choppa, but changed it to “NLE” to represent his own personal Warner Records sub-label, No Love Entertainment.
5. NLE Choppa says he once met Stevie Wonder at a party and Stevie said two simple but powerful words that have stuck with him ever since: “Keep workin’.”
6. His mom (Angela Potts) has been his manager since day one. Outside of topping charts and touring, she hopes to help him open his own sneaker shop and break into the weed business someday.
7. During his first year of uploading his music to YouTube, NLE Choppa racked up more than 170 million views. His smash hit “Shotta Flow” was responsible for 130 million of those. It went platinum.
8. Multiple major labels (including Interscope and Republic) offered him multimillion dollar deals. He shot them all down, deciding instead to sign a distribution deal with UnitedMasters, who allowed him to own all of his music outright. “In 10 years, I want to look back and think, ‘I created something big,'” he told Billboard.
9. The hardest part about having blown up, Choppa says, is the lack of sleep. He’s in the studio most nights recording, so he has to catch up on his z’s by napping during the day.
10. He’s currently dating Instagram influencer Yung Blasian. His ex, Mariah, got a tattoo of his face on her back. Two months later, they broke up. In January of 2020, she posted to Instagram, claiming she was pregnant with NLE Choppa’s baby. It is unclear if she plans on keeping it.
Related: YoungBoy net worth.