Kid Cudi net worth: Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi, who goes by Kid Cudi (styled KiD CuDi), is a rapper with a net worth of $6 million dollars. Read on for 10 Kid Cudi facts.
1. Kid Cudi’s birthday is January 30, 1984. He was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. His dad, a World War II Air Force veteran, worked as a painter and substitute teacher. His mom was a middle school choir teacher. He has an older sister and two older brothers. Kid Cudi is five-feet-nine-inches tall.
2. When Kid Cudi was 11, his dad died of cancer. He began acting out and eventually got kicked out of high school for threatening to punch the principal. He went on to earn his GED and enrolled at the University of Toledo to study film, only to drop out a year later. He planned on joining the Navy, but got denied because of his criminal record.
3. Kid Cudi didn’t start rapping till the tail-end of his high school career. At that time, he was into hip-hop groups like The Pharcyde and A Tribe Called Quest. In 2004, with $500 to his name and one small demo tape, he decided to go for it: Cudi moved to The Bronx to live with his uncle, hoping to land a recording contract.
4. Shortly after the move, he applied to work at a new BAPE store (which sells high-end, Japanese-inspired lifestyle and streetwear) that had just opened up. It took four tries, but eventually he got hired. It was there he met his future musical mentor, Kanye West, after forgetting to remove the anti-theft device from a jacket Ye had bought.
5. Kid Cudi’s uncle eventually kicked him out, leaving him with nowhere to go. His uncle passed away in 2006, while they were feuding. This motivated Kid Cudi to write his first hit single, “Day ‘n’ Nite.” The song sold more than two million digital downloads in the U.S. and reached number three on the Billboard Hot 100.
6. This caught the attention of Kanye West, who signed Cudi to his GOOD Music record label towards the end of 2008. Since then, Kid Cudi has sold more than 16 million certified records in the U.S. and won one Grammy Award. He now has his own sub-label called Wicked Awesome Records.
7. Kid Cudi dabbles in acting as well. He’s appeared in the HBO series How to Make It in America; several feature films, including Goodbye World (2013), Need for Speed (2014), and Entourage (2015); as well as TV shows like One Tree Hill, The Cleveland Show, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Westworld. In 2015, he was the bandleader on the IFC series Comedy Bang! Bang!
8. In mid-2009, Kid Cudi began collaborating with BAPE to create five different graphic T-shirt collections, some of which feature his face alongside their Baby Milo mascot. He’s also teamed up with other brands to produce jackets and sneakers. He has modeled for Tapestry, Inc., a luxury fashion company, as well.
9. Kid Cudi dated high-powered entertainment attorney, Jamie Baratta, in 2009. In 2010, he had a daughter, Vada Wamwene Mescudi, with Jacqueline Munyasya, who then won sole custody after accusing Cudi of being an absentee father with a drug and alcohol problem.
10. In 2016, Kid Cudi checked himself into rehab, citing “depression and suicidal urges” as his reason. “My anxiety and depression have ruled my life for as long as I can remember and I never leave the house because of it,” he elaborated. “I can’t make new friends because of it. I don’t trust anyone because of it and I’m tired of being held back in my life. I deserve to have peace.” Today, he says he’s in a much better place. He’s living healthy, spending lots of quality time with his family, and focusing on creating music that matters.
Related: Travis Scott net worth.