Fredo Bang net worth: Fredrick Givens II, better known as Fredo Bang, is a rapper with a net worth of $1 million. But what’s his story? Read on.
1. Fredo Bang’s birthday is March 29, 1996. He was born and raised in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. His parents split when he was one, and his father wasn’t really in his life. Many years later, his father announced he was gay and married another man. He had nine step-siblings, one of which was killed. As a kid, Fredo was shy and had a hard time talking to people.
2. Fredo Bang always had a love for music. When he was real little, he would fall asleep with his CD player on (‘memba those things?) and dream of himself performing the songs. In middle school he joined the band and played clarinet. He believes that experience gives him an advantage over other hip-hop artists who never played an instrument.
3. Fredo Bang’s big break came when he dropped a 42-second video of himself singing “Oouuh” with Einer Bankz playing ukulele in the background. This was before he officially released the song or music video, and the clip went viral. Fredo gained 200,000 Instagram followers, practically overnight.
4. Fredo Bang has been open about his battle with depression. In March of 2020, he starting taking an anti-depressant medication called Celexa. He hopes it’ll help stabilize his mood so that he’s motivated to make music.
5. Fredo Bang says he’s inspired by artists like Young Thug, Roddy Ricch, and Moneybagg Yo. Whenever he has writer’s block, which happens about once every other month, Fredo will listen to their newest stuff and it gets him unstuck every time.
6. Fredo Bang is single. His last relationship was with Young Thug’s sister, whom he dated for a little over a year. For now, he’s content watching porn and subscribing to whichever OnlyFans accounts trip his trigger. He does not have any kids.
7. Fredo Bang never thought he’d blow up the way he did. In an interview with Adam22, he vulnerably admits that he struggles with a lack of confidence. That, before shows, he gets big-time butterflies. Then, once it gets underway, he’ll settle in and get comfortable.
8. Fredo Bang does what he can to give back to his community. He mentors up-and-coming Baton Rouge rappers, sponsors high school sports teams, and more. He doesn’t want recognition though. He does it because it makes him feel good, which is how it should be.
9. Fredo Bang was taken into custody in January of 2016, for attempted second degree murder. He ended up serving two years for the crime and was released in 2018.
10. Fredo Bang is a bit of an anomaly as far as rappers go, in that he does not smoke weed. He says it does nothing for him, except give him bad breath and make him paranoid. He also stopped drinking, and now calls alcohol “poison.” Same goes for “lean” and pills—he was forced to stop everything, cold turkey, once he went to jail; and during that time, he realized he didn’t need any of it in his life. Probably just as well being that he’s still on parole and will be for another three years.
Related: YoungBoy net worth.