Gucci Mane net worth: Radric Delantic Davis, aka Gucci Mane, is a rapper with a net worth of $19 million dollars. Here are 10 fun facts about Guwop.
1. Gucci Mane was actually born in Bessemer, Alabama and lived there—with his grandma—till he was nine years old. He then moved to Atlanta to live with his single mother. His dad had got caught up in drugs, bounced and eventually started a new life, having kids with another woman. Gucci and his mom would later get evicted and end up living at a Knights Inn in a crime-stricken neighborhood.
2. Gucci Mane discovered hip hop at the age of six, when his half-brother, Victor, took him to a Run-DMC, Beastie Boys and LL Cool J concert. Inspired, he began writing poems. It wasn’t until age 14 that he started rapping.
3. Up next, East Atlanta. Believe it or not, Gucci Mane did well in school. He ended up graduating with a 3.0 GPA. He was popular and athletic, but didn’t play sports. Instead, he started selling weed in middle school, then crack cocaine all throughout high school.
4. After high school, Gucci got a scholarship to Georgia Perimeter College. There, he was briefly enrolled in a computer programming class. However, he skipped most classes and was expelled in 2001 after being caught with booger sugar by an undercover cop. For that, he got three months plus probation.
5. Gucci essentially invented trap music, alongside fellow ATL rappers T.I. and Jeezy. Despite drug dealing, addiction and being in and out of jail, Gucci has released 13 albums and 71 mixtapes to date. Many consider him to be one of the hardest-working artists in the game. He’s been called the “avatar of East Atlanta,” and “the most influential underground rapper of the past decade.”
6. In 2017, he released The Autobiography of Gucci Mane, which exposes his dark past and documents his chaotic journey towards the sober, smiling, multi-millionaire we know today. The book became a New York Times bestseller.
7. Gucci married Keyshia Ka’oir in 2017. She’s a successful entrepreneur herself, with a fitness brand and cosmetics line. Get this: Gucci first saw her, while incarcerated, flipping through an XXL magazine. He then asked his manager to book her for a video shoot he was planning after he got out. She agreed. And that’s that. She’s been ride-or-die ever since.
8. It took years, but Gucci Mane finally wore Gucci (brand) down. They previously didn’t want to associate with him due to his checkered past. But after some serious personal development, he finally inked a deal and will be the face of their Cruise Campaign.
9. He has a son with Sheena Evans that he didn’t find out about until he was nine years old. Gucci pays $10,000 per month in child support.
10. He’s the CEO of 1017 Eskimo, a record label with up-and-coming artists such as Hoodrich Pablo Juan and Lil Wop.
Related: Mariah Carey net worth.