Iann Dior net worth: Michael Ian Olmo, better known as Iann Dior (styled iann dior), is a rapper with a net worth of $1 million dollars. Here are 10 facts every Iann Dior fan oughta know.
1. Iann Dior’s birthday is March 25, 1999. He was born in Puerto Rico, but moved to Corpus Christi, Texas as a toddler, which is where he spent the majority of his childhood. His first language was Spanish, which he still speaks fluently. His dad was in the Navy.
2. He first began making music under his last name, Olmo, after going through a rough breakup. “My friends, they really wanted me to make a song, and pushed me to do it,” he said. “I tried it and my first song got like, 10,000 plays. And after that, I just kept going,” he told Genius.
3. Later, in 2018, after Nick Mira and Taz Taylor of Internet Money Records discovered him, he would change his stage name to Iann Dior, and continue to upload new tracks to SoundCloud. Nearly half a million streams later, Dior signed with Internet Money Records, TenThousand Projects and Caroline Records. That makes him label mates with high-profile artists like 6ix9ine and Trippie Redd, who he has already collaborated with on the smash single, “Gone Girl.”
4. After signing his record deals, Iann Dior moved out to Los Angeles, which was quite the change. Reflecting on his move from small-town, Texas to LA, he told Wonderland Magazine: “I would say it felt like I had to grow up a lot. I didn’t really know how the world worked, so when I moved out here, it was really a slap in the face, especially when I signed a record deal. I’m not going to lie; I appreciate small towns a lot more now that I live out here. The traffic was so easy. There’s less going on there. It was simpler living in Corpus.”
5. With Iann Dior seemingly blowing up out of nowhere, skeptics claimed he was an “industry plant.” Meaning, a corporate-made star, as opposed to someone who worked their way up, organically. But rather than let it rattle him, he leaned into the controversy, naming his debut album Industry Plant.
6. Industry plant or not, you can’t deny, the kid is talented. With a distinct flow and the ability to weave in and out of genres, he reminds me of a young Post Malone. Iann Dior makes music to the beat, which, he believes, always tells a story. He especially loves guitar melodies.
7. So who inspired him? In an interview with XXL, he said: “Drake, J. Cole, All-American Rejects. I like Panic! At The Disco, Frank Ocean. A majority of it was J. Cole when I was growing up, though. My parents were super strict and I would get in trouble for listening to curse words, so I’d be all sneaky with it.”
8. Iann Dior is wise beyond his years. He’s concerned about the drug culture that’s become so prevalent in hip-hop. He wants to see more positive energy throughout the industry. And he doesn’t take his talent for granted: “To be honest, to be able to make music and to have people actually listen to it feels like a superpower, and we should be grateful for the superpower that we have,” he says.
9. Iann Dior hopes his music empowers people to just be themselves. Even when he’s making a sad song, he’ll put it over a happy beat, to give you both sides of the story. In the end, Iann says he wants you to love yourself; because, until you do that, how can you love anyone else?
10. Iann Dior is excited about the future, but not one to force anything. He wants to let things play out naturally. For now, he’s just taking it one day at a time. He has hinted at crossing over to Latin music at some point.
Related: Lil Skies net worth.