French Montana net worth: Karim Kharbouch, aka French Montana, is a rapper with a net worth of $13 million dollars. Here are 10 thing every French Montana fan oughta know.
1. French Montana’s birthday is November 9, 1984. He was born and raised in Morocco, and came to the United States with his family when he was 13—settling in South Bronx. His father moved back after two years, leaving French’s mother to raise three kids while on welfare. In June of 2018, he became an official citizen of the United States. He’s fluent in Arabic, French and English.
2. French’s childhood hobbies were soccer, rap and later on, basketball. If his Instagram videos are any indication, he can really stroke the three-ball.
4. How did French Montana get his stage name? “French” came when he immigrated to the U.S., because that’s the language he spoke. “Montana” came from drug kingpin Tony Montana in Scarface. Thus French Montana.
5. French Montana was hospitalized for several weeks in 2003 after taking a bullet to the head. Yes, really. He was leaving a NYC studio when two men began shooting at him. One of the two died from “friendly fire.” Montana said he was set up by someone from his inner circle.
7. He’s had a very public back-and-forth feud with 50 Cent. It all started when French said he thought Fiddy could’ve been a lot bigger than he was; and that there was no way 50 Cent could sell millions of records in today’s climate. There was rumored to be video footage of 50 Cent knocking French Montana out at a club, but 50 Cent has denied any involvement. French has also beefed with Young Thug over French’s claim that he has more hits than Kendrick Lamar, which Young Thug trolled him online for saying.
8. French Montana is an animal lover. Over the years he has had many pets—ranging from dogs, to baby tigers, to a monkey named Julius Ceasor.
9. In 2007, French Montana married Deen Kharbouch. In 2010, they had a son together. In 2014, they divorced. He then dated Khloé Kardashian for about a year. Recently, he’s been linked to Noelle Dobie—a bartender turned social media influencer.
10. After visiting Uganda to record his “Unforgettable” music video in 2017, French Montana raised $500,000 to build them a new hospital. He was later named Global Citizen Ambassador for his charitable work—the first rapper to receive such an honor.
Related: Tory Lanez net worth.