Post Malone net worth: Austin Richard Post, aka Post Malone, is a singer-songwriter with a net worth of $19 million dollars. Here are 10 interesting facts about him.
1. Post Malone was born in Syracuse, New York. He lived there with his dad and stepmom till he was nine. Then they moved to Grapevine, Texas, where his dad took a new job: heading concessions for the Dallas Cowboys.
2. A former DJ himself, Post’s dad introduced him to a wide range of music at an early age. Growing up, Post played the popular video game Guitar Hero. That sparked an interest, so Post taught himself how to play the gee-tar by watching YouTube videos.
3. He used a rap name generator to come up with “Malone,” which he added to his last name, “Post,” to come up with his stage name.
4. Posty’s classmates voted him “Most Likely to Become Famous” as a senior in high school.
5. He’s always loved loafers. As a teen, he dropped $800 on a pair of Versaces. He saved up the money by working at a Chicken Express.
6. Post Malone created his first mixtape, Young and After Them Riches, at 16, using a free online audio editor. He later called it “awful.”
7. He enrolled in Tarrant County College, but left after three months to pursue music. (Travis Scott has an eerily similar story.)
8. Next, Post moved to LA, freeloading off his pro gamer friend, Jason Probst, while he tried to make something happen.
9. Bud Light gave Post his own beer fridge, which they keep stocked—for free. Food-wise, Post orders his fair share of delivery. In fact, one year, he spent more than $40,000 on PostMates.
10. Post’s first tattoo was a Playboy bunny on his forearm. He got it, almost as a joke, to show he could handle the pain better than his well-tatted friend, Justin Bieber. From there, he just wanted to annoy his mom, so he kept adding more. Also, in an interview with GQ, he vulnerably admitted: “It does maybe come from a place of insecurity, to where I don’t like how I look, so I’m going to put something cool on there so I can look at myself and say, ‘You look cool, kid,’ and have a modicum of self-confidence, when it comes to my appearance.”
Related: Eminem net worth.