Act like a lawyer. Ask leading questions. Get the answers you want. Avoid the answers you don’t want.
To illustrate, let’s look at some bad questions:
- Do you like this car?
- Can you afford this car?
- Would you be interested in the warranty?
- Wanna take it for a test-drive?
In each case, a simple “no” is all someone has to say to escape the burden of buying.
Now, some better questions:
- It’s a beautiful car, isn’t it?
- When would you like to drive this outta here?
- Of the three warranties we discussed, which would you like?
- How would you like to purchase – lease or buy it outright?
See the difference? With these, there are no surprises. You get the answers you want – answers that’ll move the sale forward.
If you practice such leading questions, commit them to memory, and use ’em when selling, no doubt your closing percentage will improve.