Russ net worth: Russell James Vitale, known professionally as Russ, is a rapper with a net worth of $11 million dollars. How’d he do it? Let’s find out.
1. Russ’s date of birth is September 26, 1992. He was born in Secaucus, New Jersey. He’s Sicilian and has three siblings. Due to his father’s job, they moved around a lot when he was little, spending time in Kentucky and North Carolina before settling in Atlanta. His mother is a life coach.
2. As a kid, Russ’s grandfather taught him how to play guitar. He has since picked up several other instruments. By age seven, he was writing raps in his notebook. At 14, he was making beats. By 18, he had recorded his first song. Russ worked as a bus boy at Outback Steakhouse and stacked boxes of shoes at a warehouse called Off Broadway.
3. After briefly attending college, Russ dropped out to co-found his own collective and label, Diemon, where he acted as in-house producer. It would be six years before he ever attempted to rap himself. His favorite artists were Eminem and 50 Cent.
4. After releasing 11 albums and 87 singles for free, Russ still wasn’t getting much traction. So he committed to posting one new song a week to his SoundCloud, for nearly three years straight. In doing so, he finally earned a contract with Columbia Records.
5. Russ is a jack of all trades. He writes, produces, mixes, masters, engineers and performs all of his tracks. Scott Storch is the only other producer he’s ever worked with. Many of his songs have hooks that combine rapping and singing.
6. Mindset was, and still is, a big part of Russ’s success. At 17, he started reading books like Napoleon Hill’s The Magic Ladder to Success, Deepak Chopra’s The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist, and Don Miguel Ruiz’s The Four Agreements. These books helped him understand that thoughts carry weight; and so, by thinking better, he could become better—as long as he put in the work.
7. In November of 2019, Russ published his own book, It’s All in Your Head. In it, Russ reflects on the lessons he’s learned throughout his journey, while encouraging you to believe in yourself and overcome your biggest obstacle—which is you.
8. Russ is notoriously anti-industry. In interviews and lyrics, he calls out the hogwash—be it artists that claim they’re independent, yet they’ve been corporate-backed the whole time; or rappers who try to sound like whoever’s hot at the moment; or calling an entire XXL Freshman Class “terrible”; or whatever else needs said.
9. In late 2017, the internet temporarily canceled Russ after he posted a pic of himself wearing a shirt that read: “How much xans and lean do you have to do before you realize you’re a f*cking loser?” Rappers and fans clapped back and a “f*ck Russ” meme was born.
10. Russ has a condition called heterochromia, where his eyes are actually different colors. In his case, his left eye appears almost black, while his right eye looks light brown. He is 5′ 5″ tall. Currently, he is single and has no kids.
Related: Post Malone net worth.