Takeoff net worth: Kirshnik Khari Ball, known professionally as Takeoff, is a rapper with a net worth of $24 million. Here are 10 Takeoff facts.
1. Takeoff’s birthday is June 18, 1994. He was born just outside of Atlanta, in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Quavo is his uncle (but only four years older than him) and Offset is his cousin, once-removed. Quavo’s mom raised all three of them.
2. As a kid, Takeoff loved wrestling. He would make his own make-do ring in the back yard and be out there, practicing for hours.
3. The three rapping relatives formed their trap trio, Migos, in 2009. They initially went by the moniker Polo Club. For the better part of 2015, Takeoff and Quavo had to perform as a duo—Offset was serving eight months in jail after their tour bus got raided and he took the fall for possession of guns and drugs.
4. How did Migos come up with their name? Well, Migos is short for “amigos,” which means “friend” in Spanish. Then there’s the movie Three Amigos, which makes sense given there are three Migos members. More than that, though, is the fact that “migos” is a slang term for an abandoned drug house—something they saw plenty of growing up.
5. In the early days, all three of them used to literally live at the studio. They each brought in all their clothes, everything they owned, slept in reclining chairs and made music all day long. That commitment is what made music execs really buy into them.
6. Migos made dabbing go viral. In 2013, they performed a song called “Emmitt Smith” and dabbed whenever the beat dropped. Then NFL quarterback Cam Newton started doing it. Then everybody followed.
7. Takeoff took off in October of 2013 when Drake hopped on a remix of Migos’ song “Versace.” That was their first time cracking the Billboard Hot 100. Justin Bieber then posted a clip of him singing the lyrics, which certainly didn’t hurt.
8. Takeoff, Offset and Quavo made a guest appearance on Donald Glover’s FX series, Atlanta. Glover later gave Migos a monumental shoutout while accepting a Golden Globe Award for the show, saying: “They’re the Beatles of this generation. There’s a generation of kids—like, the YouTube generation I came up with—that are growing up on something that’s completely separate from a whole group of people. That song, ‘Bad and Boujee,’ is just fly. There’s no better song to have sex to.” After that, the song shot straight to number one. Interestingly enough, Takeoff did not sing on the song. He gave his verse to Lil Uzi Vert and only made a minor background appearance in the music video for it.
9. Takeoff makes the fewest headlines of the bunch. He is soft-spoken and keeps a surprisingly low profile. He is apparently pretty religious.
10. Not much is known about Takeoff’s romantic life. Back in the day, he was rumored to have had a fling with pop star Katy Perry. Another time, a stripper who goes by London Dallaz posted pics with Takeoff in her bed. But beyond that, the man is whisper-quiet when it comes to women. All we know is that he’s never been married and has no kids.
Related: Gucci Mane net worth.