Trippie Redd net worth: Michael Lamar White IV, better known as Trippie Redd, is a rapper with a net worth of $8 million dollars. Here are 10 Trippie truths.
1. Trippie Redd was born on June 18, 1999, in Canton, Ohio. He’s part Irish, part Native American and part African American. His mom raised him and his three siblings all by herself, as his dad was in jail. His older brother, who was also a rapper and his main source of inspiration, died in a car crash in 2014.
2. Growing up, he would listen to Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Mariah Carey, and 2Pac with his mom. As he got older, Trippie loved T-Pain, KISS, Nirvana, Gucci Mane, System of a Down, Marilyn Manson, Drake and Lil Wayne. After graduating high school, Trippie moved to Atlanta and began working with rapper Lil Wop before scoring a record deal.
3. How’d he get his name? He used to go by Lil 14 when he was underground. Then his friends started calling him Trippy Hippie, since he was always smoking weed and doing “trippy sh*t.” But when he found out a group with that name already existed, he replaced Hippie with Redd, to represent his affiliation with the Blood gang. Hence Trippie Redd.
4. What’s his deal with the number 14? It’s tatted in red ink right between his eyes, as well as in black on other parts of his body. Also, it’s embedded in most of his merch. So what gives? Well, the meaning is twofold. First, Trippie Redd grew up on 14th Street in Canton, Ohio. So it’s the whole “never forget where you came from” thing. Second, there’s a spiritual element to the number 14. To Trippie, it represents angels watching over him, his family and his rapidly-growing fanbase.
5. In a way, Trippie says his brother passing away was a blessing to him. It was the spark that ignited his music career. And since music was the only way he could cope with the deep pain and sadness he was feeling? Much of his success is attributed to his late brother.
6. Trippie Redd’s only job? He made it three or four days cooking pizzas at Little Caesars before quitting—much to his mother’s chagrin.
7. Speaking of his mother, when Trippie signed his record deal, he bought her a $300,000 house back in Ohio. He also bought all of his immediate family new whips. Trippie takes a lot of pride in playing the role of Santa Claus come Christmas time.
8. Trippie’s music is a mix of hip-hop, R&B, alternative rock, and pop: “Put ’em together, and that’s Trippie Redd’s style, basically,” he said. He’s equally eccentric when it comes to picking beats. “I don’t really care what type of beat it is,” he said. “As long as it appeals to my ear, I’m gonna do a song to it.”
9. In May of 2018, Trippie was arrested in Cobb County, Georgia after assaulting rapper FDM Grady. Trippie had allegedly insulted Grady’s girlfriend, resulting in a fist fight between the two. Not even a month later, in June of 2018, Trippie was once again arrested in Georgia—this time for allegedly pistol-whipping an unidentified female. Trippie denied the claims.
10. Trippie Redd keeps his entourage small and tight. Everyone in his inner circle was someone he knew before he was rich and famous. And with his “day ones” all working together to reach common goals, it’s no wonder Trippie’s net worth continues to climb.
Related: Lil Uzi Vert net worth.