Lil Wayne net worth: Lil Wayne is a rapper and entrepreneur with a net worth of $133 million dollars. Now here’s ten Tunechi tidbits I betcha didn’t know.
1) His real name is Dwayne Jr., but he ditched the D – and shortened it to Wayne – as a diss to his father, who split when he was two.
2) Weezy was only eight… when he wrote his first rap song.
3) In grade school, he did plays and was an honor student.
4) At 12, he tried to commit suicide… by shooting himself in the chest – just missing his heart!
5) At 14, he dropped outta school to pursue music full-time.
6) He got picked up by Cash Money Records by leaving freestyles on their answering machine (‘memba those things?).
7) He calls Nirvana one of his greatest musical influences.
8) He apparently reads the bible regularly.
9) Lil Wayne’s “lil’ guy” is also tatted. Yeesh.
10) Allegedly, he almost died twice after experiencing seizures; which Wayne says is from a medical condition known as epilepsy; although, the chronic codeine consumption probably ain’t helpin’.
Related: Lil Wayne quotes.