YoungBoy Never Broke Again net worth: Kentrell DeSean Gaulden, who goes by YoungBoy Never Broke Again (or NBA YoungBoy or just YoungBoy), is a rapper with a net worth of $6 million dollars. Read on for 10 YoungBoy facts.
1. YoungBoy Never Broke Again was born October 20, 1999 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He broke his neck wrestling as a toddler. The brace he had to wear as a result left those signature scars you see on his forehead. YoungBoy’s father was in jail, so his grandmother raised him.
2. YoungBoy Never Broke Again quit school in ninth grade to pursue music. Shortly after, he was arrested for robbery. While serving time in a detention center, he wrote most of the songs for his first album. When he got out, his grandma died from heart failure. He moved in with another Baton Rouge rapper known as NBA3Three. The two of them would hustle in the streets in order to get money to buy studio time.
3. YoungBoy Never Broke Again’s earliest songs were made with a cheap mic he bought at a local Walmart.
4. His rapid rise in popularity is partly due to a rap beef—that gained him a ton of attention—with fellow Baton Rouge rapper, Scotty Cain. Despite both of them issuing death threats in their diss tracks, no violence ever ensued.
5. He used to go by the stage name NBA YoungBoy, but had to drop the “NBA” to avoid getting sued by the National Basketball Association.
6. Unable to leave the state because of ongoing legal troubles, YoungBoy Never Broke Again rents a 9,000 square foot mansion, about 30 minutes outside of Baton Rouge. He bought his mom a house, but later kicked her out for not following his rules.
7. YoungBoy has a car collection worth around $1 million dollars that includes a McLaren and a Rolls Royce SUV. He bought one of his girlfriends a Porsche. He also has a jewelry collection worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.
8. Believe it or not, YoungBoy Never Broke Again has one of the most watched YouTube channels in existence. Yet his videos are basic and bootstrapped. So how does he outpull bigger artists like Drake and Post Malone? Apparently, fans love his raw video content. Also, their age is likely a factor. Many of them simply might not have the ability to pay for premium streaming services like Apple Music, Spotify or Pandora. Since YouTube is still free, it’s their best option for following his work.
9. YoungBoy was charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder after allegedly hopping out of his car and opening fire on a group of people in Baton Rouge. It was thought to be revenge for the murder of his friend, rapper NBA Boosie. YoungBoy took a plea deal and got three years of probation. Later, a hotel camera caught him ragdolling on-again-off-again girlfriend, Jania Jackson. He was also involved in a Miami shooting that left an innocent man dead. For that, he got another 14 months of probation.
10. YoungBoy Never Broke Again has four boys with three different mothers. In April of 2020, one of them—Lapattra Lashai—was at YoungBoy’s house when his fiancé, Iyanna “YaYa” Mayweather (Floyd’s daughter), stopped by. The two women began arguing and Iyanna ended up stabbing Lapattra twice. She survived. Iyanna got charged with felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, but is claiming self defense.
Related: DaBaby net worth.